- Understanding and Evaluating Future Risks of Businesses [Article]
All businesses face risks that could weaken the continuing success of their operations. There are a number of advantages in trying to understand these risks. For instance, when they are properly und
- What books do you recommend? [Article]
At an investing seminar in Los Angeles given by John Price he was asked to list the books on investing that he recommended. Before he could answer, Jim Butler, one of the seminar participants stated
- What is a circle of competence? [Article]
A circle of competence is a collection of industries or sectors that you understand the most. Or perhaps that you have the most interest in. Warren Buffett makes it very clear that it is important t
- Why does Warren Buffett consider that knowing your circle of competence is impor... [Article]
It is an essential part of investing like Warren Buffett to understand the company that you are investing in. Buffett explains, ?Draw a circle around the businesses you understand and then eliminate
- What is the difference between a franchise company and a commodity company? [Article]
... companies and commodity companies. A franchise company is another name for a company with a strong economic moat. In the 1991 Annual report
- With so much terrorism in the world, perhaps this is not the time to invest in t... [Article]
In the well-known book Beating the Street, Peter Lynch describes annual meetings organized by Barron’s of eminent investors and money managers. He said that they would spend a great d
- What does Warren Buffett think of forecasts by analysts and market commentators?... [Article]
On many occasions Warren Buffett says that he never looks at forecasts by analysts and market professionals.
For example, at the annual meeting of Berkshire Hathaway in 1992 he said, "If we
- What does an economic moat do? [Article]
A strong economic moat means that the company can price its products and services at highly profitable levels while at the same time the moat protects against changes in such things as: . the
- What are some types of economic moats? [Article]
...owing is a list of some of the different types of economic moats. . Geographical . Location . Brand ...
- What does Warren Buffett say about economic moats? [Article]
After teaming up with Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett has often talked about the importance of an economic moat for companies that he would consider investing in. Just as a moat around a medieval cas
- What is an economic moat? [Article]
An economic moat arises around a company because its products and services have features that protect them from competitors. Consider Wal-Mart Stores. It has built a name for reliable products at lo
- How do I use Conscious Investor to determine when to sell? [Article]
The foundation of Conscious Investor is to search for companies with all the signs of an investment that we would anticipate holding for a long time, perhaps even for the rest of our lives.
- What are the training resources available to me? [Article]
We provide a range of training resources available through the Member Resource Page. You will need your Username and Password to log in to this page.
The resources available